Emergency Services for the Village are provided by volunteers with the Blackstrap Emergency Services Team (BEST). They cover medical, fires, vehicular accidents and any other emergency that occurs. They currently have 19 members, 8 of which are First Responders.
In an emergency, dial 911
The fee for service will be billed to the party requiring the service. Call out - $750.00.
Hourly fee - $750/hour. You are advised to carry insurance which will cover these costs.
Emergency Preparedness Week
Please review the attached materials and visit www.GetPrepared.ca for more resources to help you and your family prepare for all types of emergencies.
We encourage you to take concrete actions to be better prepared. Please do your part! Experience has shown that individual preparedness goes a long way to help people cope better - both during and after a major disaster. Get an emergency kit now - it can make a world of difference.
Get to know your Block Captain. During a village emergency, they will be the ones to notify you of the steps to take. Block Captains for the village are:
- Stacey Syrenne: 1-27 Pelican Pass
- Mary Jaworski: 1-29 Summerfeldt Drive
- Nathalie Baudais: 31-49 Summerfeldt Drive
- Christina Taylor: 51-71 Summerfeldt Drive
- Marcela Maley: 72-86 Summerfeldt Drive
- Orlene Martens: 87-99 Summerfeldt Drive
- Julie Pineault: 100-111 Summerfeldt Drive
- Al Scholz: 112-135 Summerfeldt Drive
- Marlene Schwenker: 136-158 Summerfeldt Drive
- Michael Schell: 159-171 Summerfeldt Drive and Wilson Road
We would like to thank our EMO and Block Captain volunteers for generously donating their time to prepare our village for emergencies!
Thode EMO Survey
Online Survey(click below)
The Canadian Red Cross Disaster Management Team has developed a tornado preparedness package for use within our community.
Get Your up to the minute forecast or warnings here